“One of the largest primary care professions in Ontario, chiropractic is a non-invasive, hands-on health care discipline that focuses on the musculoskeletal system.” – Canadian Chiropractic Association
Traditionally known best for their role in spinal care, Chiropractors are health care providers trained to diagnose and manually treat conditions of the body’s entire MSK system (joints, nerves, muscles, and connective tissue).
Chiropractors specialize in the prevention, assessment, diagnosis, and management of a number of conditions that commonly affect the everyday lives of patients.
These include (but are not limited to):
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Sprains and Strains
- Elbow pain
- Wrist pain
- Rotator Cuff & Shoulder Injuries
- Sports Injuries
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Workplace Injuries (WSIB)
- Hip pain and tightness
- Knee Pain and Dysfunction
- Heel/Foot pain
- Postural Deficiencies
- TMJ dysfunction (Jaw pain)
- Chronic Pain
- General Stiffness and Postural Strain
What to expect from Chiropractic Care
To better understand you and what brings you into the clinic; our Foundation Chiropractor will thoroughly discuss your primary concern(s), lifestyle and habits that may be contributing factors, as well as your current and past health status. The information provided will guide an exam that uses a combination of orthopedic tests and movement analysis to accurately and efficiently diagnose the issue.
At Foundation, Chiropractic Treatments are individualized. Combining evidence based best practices, clinical expertise, and patient preferences to give the best care possible. Our goal is to get patients better faster.
Treatments may include a combination of:
- Slow and Gentle Joint mobilizations and/or high velocity low amplitude manipulations
- Muscle and Connective Tissue mobilization (Active Release Technique, Fascial Stretch Therapy, Graston’s Technique)
- Fascial Stretch Therapy
- Strength and Mobility Exercises
- Sport Specific activity modification and exercises
- Lifestyle and Postural Modification Advice
- Health Education