To prepare for childbirth, your body goes through some incredible physical changes — ligaments become more flexible, blood volume increases, your centre of gravity shifts and even your posture changes. These physical changes happen relatively quickly and some parts of your body may find it more difficult to adapt than others.
Our Pregnancy Program is designed to help you thrive during pregnancy and to maximize your recovery afterwards — regardless of how you are feeling now, whether you delivered vaginally or via C-section, or how much time has passed!
What the program offers:
- Safely strengthen your core and continue exercising
- Assess and minimize progression of abdominal muscle separation
- Minimize your risk of incontinence, prolapse and tearing
- Prevent or treat back, hip, tailbone or pubic pain
- Custom compression socks for swelling or varicose veins
- Prepare your body for labor and delivery
- Return to previous levels of exercise and fitness, including running and weightlifting
- Increase core muscle strength
- Resolve abdominal muscle separation
- Decrease back, hip, tailbone or pubic pain
- Return to pain-free sex
- Treat incontinence and symptoms related to prolapse
- Decrease scar sensitivity (C-section or perineal)
- Prepare your body for another pregnancy
Each woman’s experience with pregnancy and delivery is incredibly different. If you have specific questions or concerns, please email email@example.com to schedule a free phone consultation and learn how this program can be customized for you.
Karlyn Driedger is a Registered Physiotherapist with extensive postgraduate training in pregnancy, pelvic pain and pelvic floor muscle dysfunction. This program was developed with the goal of empowering more women to feel confident and strong throughout their pregnancy journey.